Welcome to De Anza Oaks
DeAnza Oaks is a gated neighborhood nestled in the Cupertino foothills amongst beautiful surroundings, rolling hills, abundant trees, rich landscaping, pleasant pathways and excellent community amenities.
This sought after area is in a serene environment at the very end of Stevens Creek in Cupertino. The location gives you the peace of mind of being away from the hustle and bustle of Silicon Valley while realistically being just a stone’s throw away from the Apple campus, Main Street Cupertino and the multitude of tech companies in the area.
The community offers a network of paved pathways throughout it’s many acres. The lighted pathways are not only a great place for a leisurely stroll with friends and neighbors but even for taking the family dog for a walk. Within the expansive green areas and trails, you will find a large open grassy area almost the size of a soccer field and a recently updated and rebuilt children’s playground.
At the highest point in the neighborhood, Surrey Circle, lies the community pool and clubhouse. The pool area is also gated, offers a children’s pool and a junior olympic sized pool with marked lanes. Just above the pool area sits the clubhouse and an expansive deck. Tremendous views as far as Moffett Field and the bay are visible from the deck. The clubhouse is used for community events and available for private rentals by neighborhood homeowners. Within the clubhouse, there is a large gathering area with a fireplace, a fully functional kitchen and private bathrooms.
There are 211 homes in the DeAnza Oaks community ranging from two bedroom, two bath, 1009 sf, one-level residences to four bedroom, two and a half bath, 1936 sf, two level residences. With twelve different floor plans, numerous other options are available within the ranges of those two examples.
Built in the early/mid 1970s, the homes offer the many advantages of that era’s construction styles. Some of those features include soaring cathedral ceilings, very spacious master bedrooms, an abundance of windows, skylights and natural lighting, floor to ceiling fireplaces, two-story living rooms, large eat-in kitchens and even atriums! Many homeowners have updated their homes with magnificent modern features and styles while keeping and often times enhancing the already great features of that by gone era.
The sense of community amongst homeowners is evident when you mingle with the neighbors and see the extra care taken of this truly special neighborhood. This is a magnificent place to call home.
Cupertino owes its earliest mention in recorded history to the 1776 expedition led by the Spanish explorer, Captain Juan Bautista de Anza. Starting in Sonora, Mexico, De Anza led a group up the coast of California aiming to establish a presidio (fort) on San Francisco Bay. Leaving the majority of the party of men, women and children in Monterey to rest from their travels, De Anza and his diarist and cartographer, Franciscan priest, Pedro Font and 18 other men pressed on through the Santa Clara Valley in late March towards their San Francisco destination.
The village of Cupertino sprang up at the crossroads of Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road (now DeAnza Boulevard) and Stevens Creek Road. It was first known as West Side, but by 1898, the post office at the Crossroads needed a new name to distinguish it from other similarly named towns. John T. Doyle, a San Francisco lawyer and historian, had given the name Cupertino to his winery, in recognition of the name bestowed on the nearby creek by Pedro Font. In 1904, the name was applied to the Crossroads and to the post office when the Home Union Store incorporated under the name, The Cupertino Store, and moved to the northeast corner of the Crossroads
Many of Cupertino's pioneer settlers planted grapes in the late 1800s. Vineyards and wineries proliferated on Montebello Ridge, on the lower foothills, and on the flat lands below. Around 1895 the flourishing wine industry was struck by phylloxera (a root louse). It virtually destroyed 75% of the vineyards in 5 years. A few of the more substantial vineyardists resorted to grafting, while many others switched to French prunes, peaches, apricots, cherries, plums, walnuts, and almonds. As these orchards flourished the valley became known for the spring profusion of blossoms. Many more people passed through the Cupertino area first by electric railway and later by car to view all the blossoms in the "Valley of Heart's Delight." Because of the electric railway, the Monta Vista area of Cupertino developed. Monta Vista was the name of its first housing tract.
In the late 1940's, Cupertino was swept up in Santa Clara Valley's postwar population explosion. Concerned by unplanned development, higher taxes and piecemeal annexation to adjacent cities, Cupertino's community leaders began a drive in 1954 for incorporation. Cupertino officially became Santa Clara County's 13th City on October 10, 1955.
Until the mid-1960s, Cupertino remained largely a town of ranches and estate vineyards. Then two things happened: De Anza College opened, and soon after, computers came on the scene.
With 26,000 students, as well as its popular Flint Center and Minolta Planetarium, De Anza College has become a hub of activity in the city, which has no real downtown.
Apple Computer arrived in Cupertino in the late 1970s, and has remained in the same location through all its ups and downs. It's now spread out over dozens of buildings off De Anza Boulevard, not far from where Apple co-founder Steve Jobs went to high school. The city has since become home to Portal, Hewlett-Packard and many other high-tech firms.
Since incorporation in 1955, the population today has grown tenfold, to more than 52,000. Today, Cupertino is dominated by high-tech electronics and computer corporations. The City serves as a corporate headquarters and center for research and development.